top of page

Thinking about Emigration from the United States?

How About Canada?

      At least 310,000 U.S. Citizens live in Canada, a neighboring country with vibrant economy, beautiful natural scenery, a rich history and no language barrier. As a U.S. citizen, you can work, study, and live in Canada on a temporary basis under NAFTA, a reciprocal agreement may apply to you. Consult an immigration legal professional to ensure you follow the regulations.

      If you’re thinking of permanent residency (Canadian green card), you have to know which immigration program will be the best for your situation, and be patient in the process. Many applicants believe they can save money by filing their application on their own only to realize later that they made mistakes which cost them time, money and stress. Many Americans assume that the Immigration Canada officers are there to help them and that any deficiencies in their application should be easily rectified. Unfortunately, this is not true.  It’s always advisable to hire someone experienced, dedicated, resourceful and down-to-earth, to facilitate the process and take off your stress.

       Canada has a variety of immigration programs, and each of them has its own eligibility requirements. Contact Avery, a solid immigration consultant located in Vancouver , Canada with years of U.S. experience, to evaluate the immigration programs based on your need.

If you are a working class, an employee (e.g. salary based on W2), you may be eligible to apply under Express Entry.  “Express” means you may get Canadian green card within six months.

If you are an entrepreneur with a high net worth and business skills, you may fit right in the business investor category, or provincial nomination program. Starting a business in Canada within months is not just a dream.

If you tied knots with a Canadian Citizen partner/spouse. Congratulations! Start spousal sponsorship application as soon as you can. You may be able to work during the waiting period.

Your Canadian Permanent Residency Status won’t affect your U.S. citizenship. If you prefer, you may apply Canadian citizenship after living in Canada as PR for more than three years. U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one nationality or another. A U.S. citizen may naturalize in a foreign state without any risk to his or her U.S. citizenship. Canadian-American Dual citizenship through naturalization is fairly common.

After presidential election 2016, do you want to emigrate from United States and immigrate to Canada? Are you seeking for professional assistance to help you find the best and easiest way?

Vancouver White Rock
bottom of page